Friday, September 04, 2009


I recently stuck a few things on that well-known auction site and actually SOLD one of them, yes lady and gentlemen someone was actually looking for my name to crop up. The item in question was one of my sketchbooks. The request was for a Ripper sketch on the cover. It was purchased by a girl...for her MOTHER as a birthday gift!! Apparently her mother has the newsprint edition of WHITECHAPEL FREAK also, she obviously has great taste (if a little unhinged in parts). Anyway, best get back to the drawing board.

talk again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello David, may I call you David?
Anyway, I am the slightly unhinged mother with impeccably good taste in art. The one who received your wonderful Obscura Sketchbook for her birthday (which is today) from her dearest daughter.
I am an ardent admirer of your work and am ever so pleased with my gift. The cover is brilliant and I thank you for taking the time to create it.
I have one other of your sketches (a head sketch (ink) of the Ripper) as well as the Penny dreadful-esque newsprint edition of The Whitechapel Freak and also the Springheeled Jack series.
I enjoy your artwork immensely and, again, I truly appreciate the cover you created.
Many, many thanks!
*hug*
-Mara

David said...

Hello Mara
Thanks for your kind words, it was a pleasure to do the cover on the sketchbook, I did 48 different painted sketches and Jack only appeared on yours. Thanks for your support, and keep checking back.