Saturday, July 19, 2008


FROM THE DRAWING DESK

I've decided to make these blogs a little more 'hands on', a 'work in progress' type of thing I guess. Here's what I've been up to this afternoon, yes I should have been mowing the evergrowing grass, but I opted for doing this instead. A few years ago I drew a Victorian version of Batman, which I was going to submit to DC, I saw one of their editors at a show here in the UK, and they said they already had too many elseworlds tales. So that was that. I ended up selling the original in the charity auction, and I was surprised that it raised about 200 quid.

For some strange reason it popped into my head today, this is all I've done so far, but I'll probably sell it after, the only difference being that this time the 'charity' will be my own ;)

bye for now, but I'll be back with the finished version soon.

3 comments:

Gary Crutchley said...

Crackin' Dave, Looking forward to seeing it finished.
I'm always interested in other artist's methods. And your art is always full of lovely textures.

Simon Wyatt said...

Love the goggles and 'boot grips', very nice design.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Fly with Anne said...

Awesome blog you have heere